March 11, 2011

Happenings








Oh...I wish I had a pen and baby book in my hand every time I've thought "this needs to be recorded" over the past month or so. Ever have that feeling that things are so neat the way they are, that you couldn't possibly forget? But as we know, memories fail us and the truth is that I will forget if I don't write it down somewhere. This eighteenth month of life for Will has been a memorable one, as they all seem to be in some way or another. I feel like he is really turning into a little person with such distinctive desires and a personality that won't quit! It is a blessing to see him blossom into himself. Although there are some very challenging times, it is neat to witness him learn all about himself and his emotions.
Cute things he likes to do:
-make tooting noises with his mouth (thanks Dadda!) that usually result in spitting saliva
-giggling and cracking up whenever those around him start laughing
-waving at strangers (especially other babies/toddlers)
-throwing away diapers in the diaper genie
-cleaning (with mops, brooms, baby wipes, and paper towels)
-shoveling the drive way (even though the snow has been long gone)
-pointing at everything
-saying Dadda, Momma, Doddy (for doggie), up, soo (for shoe), and the newest that we're not quite sure about yet is Dar (might be for car)
-loves going out to eat (does spins in his high chair, babbles throughout dinner, loves eating off our plates)
-still a big fan of playing in the dishwasher
-signing "more" and a little bit of "all done"
-shaking head yes and no (mostly no)
-starting to slap/hit (you can tell he thinks his strength is pretty neat when he winds that arm up). mostly hits out of playfulness, but does it when mad also. we are learning about this whole time-out business.
-following directions (if he likes what you're telling him to do, anyways!)
-drinks out of a big person straw but won't do it out of the sippy straw

And there's sooo much more I'm forgetting (already)! Will write more later if we think of something else!

No comments: