
I think I forgot to tell you... we named Evy after her great grandmothers. The middle name, Rose, is Jeff's ninety two year old grandmother's name. Mimi, as she is called, is the most vibrant ninety two year old I think I'll ever come across! I will never forget when she came to the winery with all of us in Jeff's family down in southern Indiana just six years ago. I was dating Jeff at the time and just couldn't believe how involved and active his Mimi was! She has had a pace maker put in and her eyes operated on in the past few years, but nothing stops this young at heart grandmother from going about her day! She was even caught chipping ice last winter! We just love her so!
Evy's first name, Evalyn, is my grandmother on my mom's side. Ebby, as we called her, was such a sweet woman who was known to be too sweet to even kill a fly. She is fondly remembered by so many family and friends. We think of her often even though she has been gone for over ten years. Ebby was a loving and devoted mother and we are honored to give our daughter her name.


No comments:
Post a Comment