July 18, 2010

Stuff


Our laptop has been sick and is currently away getting help, so I have not been able to upload and post pictures of Will lately. We are also super busy with packing and Will is of course keeping us on the go! He is all over, into everything, as boys will be boys right?!

Cute story...we have been working on clapping non stop for about three months. Will finally decided to do it (on his own sweet timing) when my mom and I were at Tuesday Morning busy discussing the details of the new house and trying to decide what rug would work. All of a sudden, we see Will (who was getting quite bored by this time) sitting in the cart with a toy in one hand and clapping it together with his other hand! Mom and I freaked out and clapped and praised him for finally doing this milestone! He loved it and kept clapping over and over and even started to lift his hands high above his head when we said "How big is Will? THIS BIG!" I swear that stinker just knew we weren't paying attention to him in that moment since we had our brains wrapped around rugs and decor, so he decided to spice up the moment by doing what he KNEW we wanted him to do! I mean, never under estimate what a little one understands or thinks! =)

Will went to the St. Chris church fish fry & fair with my parents and their friends on Friday so Jeff and I could spend the evening packing. Fun. We did knock out quite a bit but there's so much left. We took today off and are getting back at it tomorrow (in the midst of also playing with and caring for Will)...it should be interesting!

Today I started to dive into planning for Will's first birthday. I picked a theme: rubber duckies. I also picked the theme decor basics on my fave website, Etsy. Oh, how fun that site has become over the past few months with the new house and with Will's birthday planning! Here's a sneak peak at the personalized cupcake toppers (you can't quite see his name in this picture though). I'm thinking we'll buy the fondant ducky and bubbles to top Will's little egg free cake that I'm attempting to make b/c I'm not promising anything fancy (can't remember the last time I made a cake)!
We are doing a small family only party at the end of August. I figure I better start planning now b/c once we get in the new house, that's where my focus will be (along with enjoying my last two weeks of summer...ugh). Then once I go back to school, I'll want to spend all my spare time with Will and Jeff instead of planning b-day stuff. So I'm getting it going now!

No comments: